The home of the Neubauer Collegium for Culture and Society is the historic building at 57th Street and Woodlawn Avenue near the Regenstein Library and the Quadrangles. Originally built in 1930 and inhabited by the Meadville Theological Seminary, the building at 5701 South Woodlawn Avenue has been extensively renovated to create dynamic new spaces for the Neubauer Collegium for Culture and Society. The approximately 16,000-square-foot, Gothic-style building was purchased by the University of Chicago in 2011.
The University of Chicago selected Kliment Halsband Architects to design the new home for the Collegium. The building has been transformed to meet 21st-century academic needs and the University’s goals for sustainability.